Sunday, February 12, 2006

Was rur-ple broken for Linux?

A while ago, I made some changes with the help of a MacOS user so that rur-ple could work properly with that platform. Since then, many people downloaded it; I assumed that everything was working properly as there was no bug report - until tonight. Under Windows, if you start rur-ple by double-clicking RUR_start.py (which is what I always do), everything is ok. However, if you start it [version 0.9.5] with "python RUR_start.py", nothing happens! I assume that this is the way it is invoked by Linux users too... I just made a small change which should make it work. The new version on sourceforge is 0.9.5a. If there are any users out there who could report if it works properly (and under what operating system), I would be most grateful!

No comments: