Wednesday, January 23, 2008

GHOP Python Related Success Story

Early on during Google's HOP contest, I joined the Python mentors group following a call for task suggestions, and submitted many Crunchy-related tasks. I was amazed by the quality of some contributions. As more potential mentors involved with other Python related projects joined in, I decided to quietly refrain from submitting more Crunchy related tasks. Still, Crunchy got more than its share of contributions from students from all over the world.

Today, one student posted a blog entry about a Crunchy presentation he made to his class. He describes it as a success - and I would agree. However, it is clear to me that the success of his presentation is due by far more to Python's strength than to Crunchy itself. I thought it was a very good example to use when advocating for the use of Python - and therefore, worth linking to.

No comments: